The following data has been supplied by the breeder and IP owner.
- This variety is a short-day variety with a low chill requirement and good tolerance to most common diseases
- This variety is very early and has high productivity
- Fruit is conical and regular in shape
- Fruit is a very bright red colour with good firmness
- Internal flesh colour is also red
- Fruit has a medium-high flavour, and sweet taste
- Fruit is a large size
- The plant has medium vigour
- This variety is now available to order from Licensed Propagators
- Additional information to assist Commercial fruit producers to maximise the variety potential will be added as soon as it becomes available
- Low chilling hours are required
- No data on the number of chill hours required is available at present
- Tested in southern Italy and the Mediterranean Basin
Pest & disease resistance
|Colletotrichum crown rot
This variety is new to the Australian market and still undergoing testing. Small quantities are available from Licensed Propagators for on-farm testing.
There will be a Royalty Fee applied and Commercial fruit producers will be required to sign a Non-Propagation agreement before accepting the delivery of runners.
This information has been collated and provided by Australasian Plant Genetics based on feedback from growers or information from the variety breeder. Australasian Plant Genetics shall not be liable for technical or other errors or omissions contained herein. The reader/user accepts all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this information.
The CONSORZIO ITALIANO VIVAISTI (CIV) is one of the world’s most specialised private entities in strawberry plants, apple and pear tree and rootstock research and development. Consorzio Italiano Vivaisti aims to reach a high level of variety innovation and production of certified propagation material.