- This variety produces very good flavour in juicy fruit with medium acidity levels and persistent aroma
- Fruit size is good
- Conical-elongated fruit, very regular and with attractive shape
- Beautiful bright red colour and high skin firmness
- Highly productive, higher than most of the cultivated varieties
- A rustic plant with high tolerance to leaf and root diseases
- Upright and open habit structure that is similar to Fortuna
- Fruit is external to foliage making it easy to harvest
- Very early harvest
- No data is yet available for Australian conditions as it is due to be released from Post-entry Quarantine (PEQ) by end October 2022
- Additional information to assist Commercial fruit producers to maximise the variety potential will be added as soon as it becomes available
- This variety has a low chill requirement
- Tested in southern Italy and the Mediterranean Basin
Pest & disease resistance
|Colletotrichum crown rot
This variety is new to the Australian market and still under development. Testing of this variety will occur once it has been released from quarantine (planned end October 2022).
There will be a Royalty Fee applied when the varieties are commercialised. We will advise Commercial fruit producers when this variety is commercially available. Commercial fruit producers will be required to sign a Non-Propagation agreement before accepting the delivery of runners.
This information has been collated and provided by Australasian Plant Genetics based on feedback from growers or information from the variety breeder. Australasian Plant Genetics shall not be liable for technical or other errors or omissions contained herein. The reader/user accepts all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this information.
The CONSORZIO ITALIANO VIVAISTI (CIV) is one of the world’s most specialised private entities in strawberry plants, apple and pear tree and rootstock research and development. Consorzio Italiano Vivaisti aims to reach a high level of variety innovation and production of certified propagation material.